- This event has passed.
The Leadership Development Dilemma
June 25, 2019 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EDT Free
Despite enjoying one of the most highly-educated workforces in history, today’s organizations are struggling with a common challenge: how do we develop the leaders of tomorrow? When only 14 percent of current CEOs believe they have the talent necessary to execute their business strategies, it’s clear the problem is widespread. And this begs the obvious question: What does the leader of the future look like? And, more pointedly, why are organizations having such a difficult time developing them?
Join Chief Learning Officer and Damian Vaughn, chief programs officer at BetterUp, for a robust evidence-based discussion on the leadership development dilemma. We’ll explore the question of whether L&D as we know it is ill-equipped to develop leaders who can navigate these disruptive times. You’ll hear what new human skills are in hot demand and set to redefine the leader landscape. And we’ll also consider whether a fundamental shift in the way we think about learning and development itself is required to respond to both the current disruptive marketplace and the needs, expectations, and abilities of the modern employee.
You’ll come away from this webinar with a better understanding of:
• Why the disrupted workplace requires a fundamentally new type of leader
• What skills most leaders lack that are critical for navigating change
• Where most leadership programs fall short, and exciting research-based alternatives
• Why tomorrow’s leaders must be developed, not just trained—and what the difference is
• The benefits of coaching versus training, and compelling results of recent research