Chicago, Jan. 12 – Today, MediaTec Publishing Inc. President and Editor in Chief Norm Kamikow and Executive Vice President and Group Publisher John Taggart announced the promotion of several of key members of the MediaTec team.
“As we begin the New Year, John and I are very pleased to announce several promotions that will be effective immediately,” announced Kamikow. “These promotions provide better clarity to our organizational structure and position our company better in the coming years.
They are as follows:
- Gwen Connelly, a founding member of MediaTec Publishing, has been elevated from vice president, director of operations to senior vice president, operations.
- Jim Yeakel has been appointed vice president, associate publisher. Yeakel has served as associate publisher and advertising director since 2004.
- Mike Prokopeak has been appointed vice president, editorial director. Prokopeak joined MediaTec in 2007 as editorial director.
- Kendra Chaplin has been appointed vice president, creative services. Chaplin was previously director of creative and production services and has been with MediaTec since 2003.
- Brian Klunk has been promoted to manager, events and western advertising sales. Klunk joined MediaTec's ad sales team in 2007.
- Mike Elmore has been promoted to Web manager. Elmore joined MediaTec in 2008 and managed the migration of all MediaTec Web sites to the Interwoven content management system.
- Spencer Thayer has been promoted to designer, special projects. Thayer has been a member of MediaTec's Web team since 2006.
“These promotions are reflective of the growth and dedication these team members have shown in their respective roles,” said Kamikow. “Please join John and me in congratulating them all as we look forward to their continued success.”
About MediaTec Publishing Inc.
MediaTec Publishing Inc. is a leading integrated media company serving the human capital, management and workforce development industries. MediaTec publishes Certification Magazine, Chief Learning Officer magazine, Talent Management magazine and Diversity Executive magazine. MediaTec leverages its award-winning editorial content with innovative integrated media products including targeted e-newsletters, webinars, interactive Web sites, special print and online supplements, resource guides, industry research and conferences that bring together international audiences to network and discuss leading-edge strategy and best practices in the industry. MediaTec partners with recognized industry experts and provides thought-provoking feature articles, news, opinions and insights through its award-winning publications, events and e-media. Each MediaTec product gives readers the business intelligence and knowledge they need to succeed in new and changing markets.
For more information, contact:
Marketing Communications Manager
MediaTec Publishing Inc.
312-676-9900, ext. 227