Bend, Ore. — Nov. 19
OnBoard Yourself is seeking 25 Gen Y new hires and their supervisors to participate in a new study on the use of e-learning technologies to help Gen Ys get themselves up to speed in their new jobs.
Study participants will receive:
• Free use of the OnBoard Yourself structured e-learning program for six months.
• Monthly coaching/feedback sessions for both millennial new hires and their supervisors.
• Executive presentations of the study findings.
OnBoard Yourself CEO Todd Hudson says that the goal is to cost effectively get Gen Y new hires up to speed faster and with fewer mistakes and without stressing their busy supervisors.
“Companies are struggling to onboard this highly facilitated, digital generation,” says OnBoard Yourself CEO Todd Hudson. “This study aims to test and refine a whole new process of onboarding that focuses on teaching millennials how to take charge of getting themselves up to speed while reducing the hand-holding burden on the supervisors who manage them.”
OnBoard Yourself supports Gen Y new hires throughout the first year in their new job. It helps millennials learn the way they naturally do: via self-directed e-learning resources in a structured, time-based program, while teaching them new skills for self-motivation and self-direction.
The program incorporates e-learning courses, articles, vidcasts, podcasts and screencasts in three components:
• My Personal OnBoarding Plan. It teaches the Gen Y new hire how to work with their supervisor to develop a plan that will enable them to take charge of getting themselves up to speed in their new job.
• Rocket to the Top. A complete 12-month professional development program that guides Gen Y new hires as they execute their onboarding plan through their first year on the job.
• Self-Directed Learning. For newbies that need help with specific issues, OnBoard Yourself e-learning courses, articles, podcasts and vidcasts are organized by topic and searchable by keyword.
Source: OnBoard Yourself