This position directly manages the delivery of learning solutions for the organization. To accomplish this, the incumbent continually assesses the need for learning solutions as dictated by corporate goals and initiatives and ensures proactive delivery of
by Kellye Whitney
June 16, 2004
We’re different. But not like everyone else.
Finally, a company that means it.
If things like stability, honesty, and integrity are important to you, you’re going to like it here. At First Citizens Bank we’ve built our business by helping our clients and our Associates build successful futures. It means listening to your goals. Giving you the resources to actually reach them. And supporting you every step of the way. We told you we were different.
To learn about the First Citizens difference – and how it can impact your career – visit and apply for this opportunity at our Web site at firstcitizens.com/careers. Search for requisition # 4447.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position: Chief Learning Officer
Reports To: Chief Human Resources Officer
This position directly manages the delivery of learning solutions for the organization. To accomplish this, the incumbent continually assesses the need for learning solutions as dictated by corporate goals and initiatives and ensures proactive delivery of solutions. The incumbent maintains a strategic focus on increased productivity, greater profitability, expense management and service excellence. This position must anticipate learning challenges within the Bank through interaction with strategic partners and champions the development of targeted and/or bank-wide learning solutions in a timely manner.
- Develops and manages long-term learning strategies to enable to Bank performance, to include support for regulatory needs as well as production and growth strategies.
- Manages the design and delivery of learning solutions that directly align with corporate goals, to include basic sales and process skills and literacy, general and sales management ability, and skills associated with basic competencies.
- Proactively assesses knowledge gaps by engaging internal business owners to understand business challenges; utilizes trends that surface from individual development assessments prepared in areas/departments.
- Chairs a Learning Council composed of multi-disciplined participants to ensure that learning solutions are being considered and implemented in support of changes to processes, products and systems.
- Develops and monitors metrics to validate the impact of learning solutions on business success, and aggressively leads changes to learning solutions where warranted.
- Establishes a Corporate Learning division structure that is organized to deliver required skills training, with flexibility to quickly respond to new challenges and just in time learning needs.
- Manages, monitors and coaches staff to deliver learning solutions, creating a team that values knowledge-sharing and proactive partnership with internal customers; staff includes instructors, concept developers and implementers.
- Carries out all managerial functions for the division, to include staff selection and performance management, budget preparation and management, division communication and other tasks as may be assigned.
- Budget responsibility of approximately $2.5 million.
- Staff of 20-22 employees.
- Expert in adult learning.
- Proven experience in championing change and organization improvement.
- Strong instructional design skills.
- Effective consulting skills.
- Proven ability to work within a strategic framework with focus on driving for results.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Experienced with application of project management skills.
- Comfortable with the application of technology for learning solutions.
- Strong service orientation.
- Proven ability to build effective teams.
- Strong negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Must posses continuous learning competency.
- Must have the ability to interact with executive level and influence others.
- Experience in a regulated Financial Services Industry strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree and/or continuing education is desired.
- Minimum of 10 years in related role.
- Experience in a sales culture preferred.